Jayhawker Boost - 29er Carbon Fiber Wheelset
Our first batch of Jayhawkers sold out quickly!
BIG JAYHAWKER SAVINGS!! THROUGH GROUNDHOG DAY (FEB 2): USE CODE "PHILS_WHEELSET" AT CHECKOUT TO TAKE $150 OFF ANY JAYHAWKER OR JAYHAWKER DYNAMO WHEELSET. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Set up for the new adventure bike / MTB wheel "standard" - 110x15TA and 148x12TA. Not sure if this will fit your bike? Check our cross-reference table or email us at email@example.com.
The Jayhawker is named after the abolitionist guerilla fighters that made their name on the gravel roads in Kansas in the 1850s. This strong and capable Dynamo-enabled carbon fiber wheelset is designed for the endurance gravel rider in mind and does double duty as your soon-to-be-favorite bikepacking setup. The Wheelset is designed around me, the 200lbs I carry around, and the 8,000 - 10,000 miles I ride per year on road, gravel, and singletrack. If it works for me, it will most certainly work for you.
And because I've designed this wheelset for me, I've made sure the hubs come with really great Enduro bearings that will last a long time and are easy to find (even on Amazon!). I've also included two extra spokes per wheel. Why? Because someday--out on the trail or in the workshop--I'm going to need them and I'm not ever going to walk back to town again if I can avoid it.
The Jayhawker is produced in Taiwan to our specifications by Gigantex, one of the world's largest private label carbon fiber wheel manufacturers. We also made sure that the wheelset is certified to the European Wheel Standard ISO 4210-7--one that requires a brutal 2,000km bench test. Gigantex produces thousands of rims and wheelsets for nearly all of the large Global bicycle brands. We've managed to secure a production slot in between the big names and we're paying forward the favor to our customers!
Jayhawker Carbon Fiber Rims:
- Front: 32 Spokes, Rear: 32 Spokes
- 29er / 622 profile only - sorry, no 27.5 available
- 23mm inner width
- 29mm outer width
- 28mm rim height
- Disc brakes only - no rim braking
- Bead retention lip allows for higher pressures and minimizes blow off risks associated with non-lip rimsets
- Slightly asymmetric - providing greater strength
- UD matte flat black finish - minimal carbon fiber cross hatch
- Looks great dirty or clean
- Stealth - zero conspicuous branding
- Tire profiles as narrow as 37mm and as wide as 2.35 in (2.6 in at the max)
- Front Hub: Powerway 110mmx15TA j-bend hubset.
- Bearings: 2x Enduro MR17287LLB sealed bearings
- Rear Hub: Powerway PH-M80, 12 x 142 Thru Axle, 6-hole disc
- 6 Pawl Removable Freehub
- 9 degrees of engagement (360/40) and a buzzy 40 tooth ratchet ring
- 1 x Enduro 6802 ABEC3 sealed bearings, 3 x Enduro 6902 ABEC3 sealed bearings
- Shimano HG and SRAM XD Freehubs. SRAM XDR and Shimano Microspline available separately.
- Thru Axles not included.
Spokes, Valves, and Tubeless Tape
- Sapim spokes (black) with Sapim Brass Npls (black)
- Forgiving cross-3 lacing
- 4 extra spokes per wheelset
- Shipped with tubeless rim tape installed and tubeless valves installed
- Remove valve to run with tubes
Wheelset Mass: - (includes rim tape and valves, like you'll be using them!)
- Front - 829g, Rear - 951g
1 year warranty - parts failure and workmanship.
Sorry -- due to shipping constraints -- no sales outside of the continental U.S. without a prior incremental shipping quotation.